Oswego Harbor and West Pier Lighthouse near Syracuse, NY have been in use in one way or another since the early 1800s. Fort Ontario was the site of the first lighthouse built in Oswego in 1822. Over the next 60 years, many additions and changes were made to the West Pier Lighthouse and in 1934, this new lighthouse was built next to the Outer Harbor Light.
location oswego, new york
photographer patrick e connolly