On October 7, 1865, a man was paid $1.50 for scraping and leveling the site for The Pine Grove School. For 62 years the school was known as School Number 7. In 1927 the town officially named it The Pine Grove School. It closed as a school in 1949, but remained open as a branch library, a nursery school, and a meeting place for Explorer Scouts. In April 1975, the Avon Historical Society restored The Pine Grove Schoolhouse for use as a museum.
location avon, connecticut
photographer patrick e connolly